Happy Independence Day to my friends in the US!
My family is celebrating in Washington DC! Katie & Mandy (my lovely daughters) will be marching in the National Independence Day Parade tomorrow. Their school's marching band was chosen to represent our home state of Pennsylvania.
I'll post parade pics later this week, but for now, here are a few things I'd like you to know:
1. Our tour guide talks an awful lot. I know, I know, that's her job. But seriously, I don't need her to fill every single moment of my Day with weird stories. Katie & I look like this when she goes on for too long...
2. So far, the FDR Memorial has been my favorite. It includes many quotes that seem very relevant today.
3. Ken used to be a High School band director. This is our first Marching Band trip in 17 years.
4. The Changing of the Guard and the Wreath-Laying Ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier are so beautiful.
The bugler who played Taps was so good. It never fails to make me teary-eyed.
5. I truly hope your family has a wonderful day tomorrow. See you on the other side!