1. Yesterday Mandy and I watched a very long parade. This girl is great company!
2. She did however, say the words "You brought knitting to a parade?" with a tone of disbelief.
But, I'm almost done with this sock and I want to be done soon.
And did I mention that the parade was long?
3. We sat through the very long parade (which featured way too many firetrucks) so that we could see Ken & Katie march with a local drum & bugle corps. They were in the very last division.
Here's Katie marching past us...
4. Shall we talk about the fact that I waited 2 1/2 hours to see them
and when they passed me they weren't playing? No, let's not. I'm trying to get over it.
5. I also got hit in the face with an Almond Joy by some overly-enthusiastic parade participant.
I would have preferred a Reese's cup.
6. And I got a sunburn.
7. Then we went to a picnic at my mom's house where I chatted with my 2-year-old niece. She is seriously one of the most entertaining people I know. (She wants to make it clear that she is NOT a baby. She reminds us all the time.)
8. We did not attend any big fireworks displays.
Instead we stayed home and watched Ken light some off in the back yard.
I like it better that way.
How was your 4th of July?
Give me the highlights in the comments!
Did anyone throw chocolate at you?